As Kristie and I get closer to leaving for Tenwek Hospital, our children ask more and more questions about Africa, Kenya and Tenwek Hospital. These questions have created quite the dialogue at the dinner table. Some of the random questions/comments that they have had over the past 24 hours include:
- Do they have pets in Kenya?
- Do they have High School in Kenya?
- What are you guys going to do?
- Do people walk around in bare feet?
- Is it cold there?
- Do they have dolphins in Africa?
- Are there dentists in Africa?
- Can I take my Legos to Africa?
As much as Kristie and I would like to have all of the answers to their questions…as well as ours, we just don’t. Walking into the unknown can be a bit overwhelming at times, but I believe our family has found peace, joy, and happiness in the midst of the unknown.
As Kristie and continue to step in faith into unfamiliar paths, we listen for what 2020 has for our family.
Follow Us On